On Father’s Day I am reflecting on the main person in our family today.
The kid’s dad. They share the same dad which is pretty good and convenient.
He is the one:
- Who edits my snotty emails before I press the send button
- Who is doing all the paperwork for our audit for Direct Payment
- Who sorts out the pay role and wages for the Personal Assistants
- Who drives when we are abroad
- Who sorts out all the boring stuff such as household insurance, PA insurance, wheelchair insurance.
- Is the one that gets blamed for everything that:-
o Should have happened but hasn’t
o Has happened but went wrong
o When the kids misbehave (“you are the bloody psychologist – you sort them out” – he works for the NHS as a Child Psychologist!
o When things are tricky
- Who goes to the meetings with the social worker instead of me
- Who used to sit there quietly at all the meetings in the early days with school when I used to rant and rave
- Who is good at writing the very official letters
- Who remains calm, cool and collected whilst there is Havoc in Halifax
- Who always remembers to send flowers to both our mums on their birthdays and Mother’s Day – but who forgets to get me flowers!
- Who is the Doctor of the family – getting splinters out of fingers, bandaging, telling me not to call 999 for Nadia and that she will come round in a few seconds, our advisor on sports and dance injuries.
- Who helps with homework
- Who is there as the Rock of Gibralter keeping me sane through very hard times with Nadia
- Who persuades me not to worry/or get mad/or blame everyone else
- Who puts up with the swearing about this “bloody person “ or that “bloody person”
- Who reads the newspaper from back to front on Saturdays and tells me about Tim Dowling’s article
- Who has just hung my washing out!!